Rancho Murieta Handyman Specials
Rancho Murieta Handyman Specials
Glad you arrived here from my RanchoMurieta.com ad, and if you don’t know me, I’m Mark LeBlanc, all around handy guy, and long time resident of Rancho Murieta. I invite you to browse the rest of my site starting with the Home Page to find out more about me, and my Handyman Services.
For my Rancho Murieta neighbors, I am offering some Special Deals that help make your home safer, more energy efficient, and more enjoyable to live in. I’m not offering these specials outside of Rancho Murieta at this time, so you get the first crack at them, and I hope they make your home a better place to live.
This week’s Rancho Murieta Special
$69.00 Dryer Vent Cleaning
(Regular price is $89)
Imagine if every load of laundry you do had some money in the pockets, but it was gone after removing the clothes from the dryer. Well, that’s kind of what’s happening if your dryer vent system is not cleaned and optimized to provide the quickest drying time.
What You Get With This Special
- First, we will take a look at your dryer, discuss any problems you’ve been having with it, and make sure the dryer lint screen is clean,
- Then I measure the airflow your dryer is currently pushing into your vent with an airflow meter. This is measured in meters per second.
- I inspect the outside dryer vent to make sure it is clean and operating properly. Some vents are on the outside wall, while others are on the roof.
- The back of the dryer is topically cleaned, as this is where lint can accumulate.
- I inspect and clean the flexible duct that runs between the back of your dryer to the wall.
- I connect the vacuum and brush head to the wall vent, then clean the entire dryer vent duct using a drill to rotate it.
- I clean up and reconnect your dryer to the vent and make sure the flexible duct is run correctly.
- Airflow is measured again to compare the before and after cleaning improvement. We should see an increased airflow which translates to shorter dryer run time.
Recent dryer vent cleanings have increased airflows by,
and one that was over 80%!
The 80% one was an interesting case and started my interest in dryer duct cleaning.
My customer had asked me look at her dryer. She mentioned over the course of the last few months it had been taking a long time to dry a load, but curiously the dryer felt really hot to the touch. Now it had stopped heating completely, so she was thinking it was on its last legs and was about ready to go plunk down $800 on a new dryer.
For me, when something is broken, my natural curiosity wants to find out what exactly went wrong, and why did it happen. In this case, I knew something in the heating circuit was at fault, so I troubleshot and found a burnt-up heating element. Then, as I investigated causes, overheating due to dryer vent blockages came to my attention, and sure enough, I found the dryer vent was seriously clogged with lint. Case closed….blocked dryer vent caused overheating and early failure of the heating element.
For my customer, it was a no brainer. I ordered the part, replaced the heating element, cleaned out the lint, and now the dryer works as good as new, saving her over $625 compared to buying a new dryer.
If you’d like to take advantage of this special, or for any other home repairs or small projects you have here in Rancho Murieta, please call, or fill out the contact form on this page. I would love to help make your home the best it can be.
Neighborhood Pro Handyman
Call Now For a Free Quote
As a handyman I have a wide range of skills. Here’s a few, but not all:
- Take care of Your To-Do Lists
- Mount TV’s with Hidden Cables
- Hang Pictures and Shelves
- Door Repairs
- Plumbing & Electrical Repair or Replace
- IKEA Assembly & Other Flat Pack
- Bath Grab Bar Installation
- Garbage Disposal Repair
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Toilet Repair
- Light Fixture Installation
- See more services>>
Don’t see what you need on this list? Don’t worry!
I can fix, repair, or improve just about anything.
Contact Me for a Free Quote
“Over the years Mark has replaced rotten boards and railing on my deck, installed a whole house fan, and most recently replaced the ice maker in my fridge. He’s my first call.”Patrick C.